Thursday, June 17, 2010

The best black hair salon in London to get a weave? Serious answers only, pls!?

New Year..New Look! I've been wearing my hair natural (twists, braids, extensions, funky 'fros) for the past few years. Now I want A COMPLETE CHANGE! I'd love to get a weave but there seem to be so many methods of weaving and even more salons that offer them! The one thing I'm CERTAIN of is that I won't relax my hair. Any help/advice/suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thx!



The best black hair salon in London to get a weave? Serious answers only, pls!?

Hey,



I don't know how much you want to spend on your hair. I live in London but have my hair done elsewhere 'cos i'm not from London. I know that Hype Coiffure that is featured in the black hair magazines wins awards for it's work. My guess is that it would kinda expensive though.



Alternatively, the best thing to do is look around for a sista with a good weave and ask her where she had it done. (Discreetly of course!)



As your hair is natural, you'll probably want your own hair canerowing, then the weave sewn in. This can be very beneficial for your own hair as it is allowed to rest. As long as the canerow ain't too tight and the weave isn't left in for too long, your own hair should benefit from this type of weave. One thing i'd recommend is that when you have it done, get the stylist to leave out enough of your own hair at the very top of your head so that you can straighten it and cover the tracks. This will give you a more natural look but you have to make sure that the texture and colour of the weave and your own hair match.



Hope this helps!



PS My hair is natural and this is the type of weave I have.



The best black hair salon in London to get a weave? Serious answers only, pls!?

Do you mean a hair saloon that only cuts black hair?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
avast